Saturday, December 02, 2006

I've got the Clack...


No, I don't have some exotic disease, but I do have a rather peculiar addiction to the latest addition to my collection of cameras, an Agfa Clack (see this post about the Clack). To look at, the Clack's not a very sophisticated camera, it's got a fixed shutter speed, a choice of 2 apertures or a close up lens. It's also about 40-50 years old. But for all that, it's a neat little camera to use.

I'm just in the process of scanning in the first roll of film I took with it. All in all, it hasn't turned out too bad. I've had some issues with getting exposures right, as the Clack was designed to be used with 50 iso film, and I only have 100 iso. In theory a neutral density filter would fix that problem up, but the filter I've experimented with is apparently a 2 stop filter, where I need a 1 stop filter. Still, there are ways around that, too...

No comments: