Saturday, March 03, 2007

Photo of the Week, 03/03/2007


It's been far too long since I posted a photo of the week, it's more like photo of the month, at the rate I'm going. Still, I have managed to find a little curiosity of a photo to post.

This particular photo is of a couple of tiny mushrooms I discovered today, while waiting to play Irish Bagpipes at a wedding. What I like about this particular shot, is the fact that it was taken with my latest camera acquisition, a Sony Ericsson K800i mobile phone. I'm sure that there are some people would would scoff at the idea of taking photos with a mobile phone, and in the past I would have been one of them.

However, I'm continually amazed by the improvements in technology when it comes to cameras integrated with mobile phones. The fact that my phone also happens to have a 3.2 megapixel camera in it is quite nifty. Now, it won't take brilliant photos all the time, in particular it struggles with low light conditions, but it is handy as a back up camera. Indeed, I would have been unable to take this weeks photo if I didn't have it, as I'd left my other cameras at home.

No comments: