Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Analog vs Digital Printing

After having my first two films developed by my local Professional lab i was pleasantly surprised (actuaLLY I WAS SORT OF EXPECTING THIS) that my lab no longer uses Analog (the best way to describe it) equipment to print a customer's Pictures. GOne are the days of the enlargers and baths of reeking chemicals. The lab wil develop your film, scan aan digitize it and then print your pictures out( albeit at a quality superior to trhat of your local Kmart or Photo kiosk) Their Darkrooms now are in Cyberspace. But the results speak for themselves. At the moment i cannot afford or justify a Scanner that will take 120 film and this Lab will long roll scan and make any adjustments required ready for printing. Almost takes some of the joy out of it but the losses are offset by the economic gains. And there i was going to start developing my own Black and Whites......

No comments: