Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mamiya C22 - Amazing Piece of Camera Engineering


I guesswith Cameras the KISS Principle also holds true. Take the Mamiya C Series TLR Cameras. Relatively Speaking it's a SImple Camera. The only Real complex Thing would be the Shutter Mechanism. Now I have had a few roll through my 645 as well as my TLR and it astounds me that the TLR can out perform the 645 again and again. I guess it's what you get used to but while the TLR needs aset procedure to follow(no fancy interlocks to stop DOuble exposing etc etc, it has to date produced some of my favorite shots.
The Picture is of the Japanese Garden in Adelaide, bright Sunny Day, a few clouds in the sky. Again i forgot to take the setting down but it was shot with a UV & PL Filter in place, with a relatively small Aperture. sometimes you just nail it on the head.

No comments: