Monday, January 01, 2007

Lets bring some Colour to these Monochromatic Proceedings


I've been thinking of uploading this image for some time now but never had the excuse to do so... but here it is
My roses were infected with Aphids and so i took the opportunity to try out my new Intensifier filter that arrived funnily enough that very morning(Hoya 58mm Dydimium Filter---great filter, should be in every kit)
yhe image is only slightly tweaked in photoshop ie sharpened and levels balanced. the rich reds/yellowsbrowns are intensifed by use of aforesaid filter
I've come to the conclusion that the use of filters should be judicious and applied selectively(in the case of the effects filter) as one can end up trapping one self in cliche pictures.
My Current philosophy on filters (with exception of UV/C-PL/Intesifying and other necessary filter 81a,80a etcetc) they should used like Pesticides- as often as is necessary but as little as possible

No comments: