Monday, January 08, 2007

Pic of the Week, 08/01/2007

Well, it's time for my second "Pic of the Week", and it's another photo from my last bushwalk. I was hoping to be able to post one of the photos that I'd taken with my M645, but unfortunately I'm still waiting for the film to be processed (a long story...).

The photo I've picked is still from that bushwalk, just taken with my digital camera.

This particular photo is a detail of a Cushion Plant, a kind of grassy plant found in alpine areas of Tasmania. They get their name because they look exactly like large green cushions. Despite the fact that they look quite sturdy, Cushion plants are in fact very sensitive to damage, and simply stepping on one is often enough to damage it.

The thing that caught my eye here was the lighter coloured plants sprinkled throughout this particular cushion plant. It's not uncommon for different species of cushion plant to grow together, but I've never seen any quite like this before.

1 comment:

Mad Owl said...

they do look delicate don't they